[MPlayer-users] DVD with non-VobSub Subtitles wrap around

Itay Duvdevani duvduv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 19:48:34 CEST 2008

A while ago, I wanted to watch a DVD I bought through Amazon.
As I'm not a native English speaker, I wished to use an SRT I had.

The problem occurred to me, as I was synchronizing the subtitles,
after a while (about 1h15m):
The subtitles order simply wrapped around - as if an integer overflow
caused the first subtitles to be displayed in the middle of the film
etc.

Trying the head (r26325) yield the same result.

Adding some debug prints to find_sub.c, I was able to see that 'key'
that is passed to find_sub does really wrap-around, changing from
459052 to 20.
Debugging mpcommon.c revealed that just a bit after 4593 seconds,
sh_video->pts wraps-around back to zero, causing the subtitles-key
wrap-around.

This symptom is reproductive using any DVD and any subtitles file
(regardless of the subtitles format).

Any ideas?

P.S.
My -dvd-device was a VIDEO_TS directory on my hard drive, and not a
physical DVD device.

- Itay.