[MPlayer-users] -dumpstream only a part of DVD?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 13:24:07 CEST 2008

Todd Walton wrote:

> This: mplayer dvd://1 -ss 01:32:01 -frames 370
>
> plays just the snip of movie I want.  But if I add "-dumpstream
> -dumpfile movie.vob" then it captures the whole darned title.  I
> tried piping the output to mencoder.  It just played the portion of
> movie on my screen, but didn't record it to disk.  How can I get just
> this snip?

Unless behaviour has been changed "recently" without my noticing:
transcode or remux the data. '-dumpstream' is, or was, purely to dump
the entire unmodified input stream into an output file, and overrides
'most all other options which would affect that.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer