[MPlayer-users] video artifacts in VP6 flv videos on powerpc

Tito Dal Canton tito at indivia.net
Mon Apr 7 13:57:46 CEST 2008

Hello list,

I'm using mplayer (MPlayer dev-SVN-r26305-4.1.3) on ubuntu gutsy
on powerpc (ibook G4, altivec enabled). I'd like to report the
presence of video artifacts in some flv files containing ffvp6f
video. The artifacts are vo-independent as I get them with xv, x11,
gl, gl2 and fbdev2 output drivers. I suspect it might be an endian
issue (the same video files play correctly on x86 machines) connected
to the video width (the artifact seems to show up only with certain
video widths). I had a look inside libavcodec/vp6* but couldn't
narrow the problem more. I also looked for reports from other people,
but couldn't find any. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Some files with the problem can be found at
    www.on2.com/docs/graf/seaturtle.240x176.100d.15f60k.FL8.flv
    www.on2.com/docs/graf/mrandmrssmith_624x336_700.flv
    www.on2.com/docs/graf/whirligig.240x176.100d.15f060.FL8.flv
(that site also contains flv movies that play correctly).

uname -a:
Linux existenz 2.6.24 #11 Mon Mar 17 10:21:21 CET 2008 ppc GNU/Linux

Libc version:
/lib/libc-2.6.1.so

gcc version:
gcc version 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

ld version:
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.18

cpuinfo:
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 1333.333000MHz
revision        : 0.5 (pvr 8003 0105)
bogomips        : 73.47
timebase        : 18432000
platform        : PowerMac
machine         : PowerBook6,7
motherboard     : PowerBook6,7 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld

Video card info from lspci:
ATI Technologies Inc M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e] (rev 80)

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Tito
--
Physics is reverse engineering