[MPlayer-users] Two questions on modifying mplayer

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 07:51:56 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am new to compiling the mplayer from source.  I have been using
binary package (either rpm or exe).  Now I am giving it a try to
compile my own mplayer from source using MSYS and MinGW. So far I was
able to successfully compile it following the tutorial in various
websites and want to know some more about its source code. Reason for
doing this is that I want to embed the mplayer in my small application
which acts like a front end to mplayer and I wanted to do few things:

1) Change the window title to something else ... like "My Movie
Player". By default the movie is displayed in window titled "mplayer".
How can I do that? Which source file I need to change for this?

2) By default, mplayer looks for "mplayer" folder for the config files
or creates one if not present. Can I change this folder name to
something else (again)... like "MyMoviePlayer". How can I do this?

Thanks