[MPlayer-users] Two questions on modifying mplayer

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:11:16 CEST 2008

>  I am using linux, so I can't help you with windows.

I don't think it matters whether its  windows or linux because the
source is same.
What I wanted to know is where is that magic "mplayer" string which I
can replace it with my own in the source? May be there is some
constants defined somewhere.

For example:
After you have mentioned the --confdir option, I found out that the
default config dir is coded in the "get_path.c" file as follows:

=======================================
#ifdef __MINGW32__
	static char *config_dir = "/mplayer";
#else
	static char *config_dir = "/.mplayer";
#endif

So that means, if I forget to give and --confdir option, default will
be taken form this file. By modifying this lines, I was able to come
to same result as using the --confdir option. Since this option is
handy than tampering the source file, I am sticking to it. As for my
first problem, I couldn't find something like this nor any option in
./configure --help

Hope somebody will shade light on this.

Anyway many thanks for the pointers