[MPlayer-users] multiple -ss / -endpos ( how to make file preview )

Dusan Zatkovsky msk.conf at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 16 12:07:25 CEST 2008

Hi all.

Is it possible to specify ( somehow ) multiple -ss -endpos options for one
file?

What I am looking for:

I have audio file ( mp3, but not limited to ), which is for example 200 sec
long. I need to extract short "previews" from that song, for example 5 sec
from 0:30 to 0:35, 5 sec from 1:00 to 1:05, 5 sec from 1:30 to 1:35 etc ...

I don't care precision and it doesn't matter if it will be combined into one
file or 3 separate files.

Now I am doing it by splitting whole file with mp3splt to 5 second long splits
and then I use only few splits ( and the most of them are deleted then ). It
spends much cpu and IO doing it that way.

Also I could use multiple mplayer -ss -endpos ( maybe in parallel ), but it is
not effective too.

Is there any way how to do it with mplayer/mencoder in one step?

Thank you

--
Dusan