[MPlayer-users] multiple -ss / -endpos ( how to make file preview )

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:59:10 CEST 2008

RC wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:07:25 +0200
> Dusan Zatkovsky <msk.conf at seznam.cz> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to specify ( somehow ) multiple -ss -endpos options for
>> one  file?
>
> Mencoder accepts multiple input files.  You should be able to specify
> the same file several times, each with different -ss/-endpos options.
>
> But you're probably a LOT better off using -edl (see the docs).

I like it.

Is there any way to specify the points of start of file and end of file?

The ones I am cutting need the start and end trimmed but don't need any trimming
in the center, and it is at best difficult to hit the i at the end of the video,
from what I can see, it looks like the easiest way is to mark the points with
mplayer and then manually edit the file to change the points to be correct, and
then run mencoder with edl and -oac copy -ovc copy to do the cutting.

                         Roger