[MPlayer-users] Mplayer picture question

Ilkka Karvinen kartsan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 10:19:54 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008, Corey Hickey wrote:
> That looks like tearing.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_tearing
> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593
> http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=74
>
> Generally, this happens when using "-vo x11". Try using "-vo xv" or "-vo
> gl", both of which should/may support vsync.
>
> Or, try hooking up a regular monitor instead of a projector and see if
> the tearing is still there. If not, then it's presumably a problem with
> the projector.

Thanks for your answer. I'm currently feeding both TFT and projector with
nvidia 8500gt. These artifacts are visible in both screens so I suppose
it's the card. Good to know about this vsync problem, now I at least know
where to start.

I have also tried x11, xv, gl and gl2 (at least) and I see the artifacts
with every mode.

Ilkka