[MPlayer-users] Playing a raw MPEG4-ES file (extracted from RTP packets)

daniel åkerud daniel.akerud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:19:46 CEST 2008

Hello, I have an wireshark (ethereal) log from an RTP session with MPEG4
simple profile video. I have extracted the complete data from wireshark and
removed all the headers (ip/udp/rtp), and written this to a file. What is
required to play this file? Do I have to create a container for this data to
be able to play it, or can I provide all nesseccary information like
picture-size, fps, etc to mplayer? Thanks a lot.

/D