[MPlayer-users] Soundcard selection with alsa

rural remi.malatray at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 22:22:39 CEST 2008

Hi there,

Happy owner of two soundcards, mplayer complains "Could not
open/initialize audio device" when trying to select one of those through
alsa.
The truth is, I've got several informations about "-ao" option with
various synthaxes : some say "alsa9:device=hw=1.0", others say
"alsa5:device=hw=1.0", else say "alsa1x:device=hw=1.0" and, at last
"alsa:device=hw=1.0".
None of them work. I suppose taking a look at the source code could lead
to the answer, but where...
Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks for your answer !

PS : I'm running MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.3.