[MPlayer-users] Recording with Frame Rate Changes and Other Changes

Craig Milo Rogers rogers at ISI.EDU
Mon Apr 21 19:30:33 CEST 2008

	It appears that DVD movies can contain MPEG streams that
change the frame rate and perhaps other attributes in the middle of
the stream (resolution?  aspect ratio?  color space?).  I'd like
MPlayer to record information in a file that can be used to identify
the frame rate (resolution, etc.) for each frame of JPEG or PNG that
was extracted from the movie.  I suppose it's possible to use some
internal annotation (ala EXIF) to record this information inside the
JPEG or PNG files, which might be a nice thing to do, too, but I
suspect that an external text (CSV?  XML?) file is more immediately
useful.

					Craig Milo Rogers