[MPlayer-users] Floats for Seek Times

Craig Milo Rogers rogers at ISI.EDU
Mon Apr 21 19:18:35 CEST 2008

	When investigating the seek-into-telecine-block bug I just reported,
I notived that sometimes the seconds value use to hold seek times is declared
to be float, and sometime it is declared to be double.  I'm concerned that
the rounding error in a float could be significant for a large but still not
impossible (in this day) mpeg file, say about 10 hours?

	I don't think the floats are being stored in large amounts.
Changing the code to use double consistently should not significantly
affect MPlayer's computation speed.  It might, however, change an
exported interface.

					Craig Milo Rogers