[MPlayer-users] Playing a raw MPEG4-ES file (extracted from RTP packets)

daniel åkerud daniel.akerud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:39:31 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

> On Thursday 24 April 2008 08:18:47 daniel åkerud wrote:
> > > you have an undigestable blob ;)
> > > Uness you are very lucky the stream won't have
> > > the necessary startcodes and headers, try to post the output of
> > > $ od -t x1 -v -N 2048 FILE
> >
> > First of all, Thanks. Second of all, I get every bit of data that
> > the encoder gets and and encoder can play it, so I should also. I
> > even capture the SDP so the MPEG4 codec info string is at my hands.
> >
> > Output of od, if it helps: (I mean, I'm doing this to catch a
> > possible error in the encoder, So I don't know if this is garbage
> > or not, but I'm asking this as "how to solve this assuming encoder
> > spits out fine mpeg4 data"):
> >

> at least there seem to be the VOP headers, but the VOL headers
> (0x12N) is missing. Maybe if you concatenate the SDP configurator
> and the payload you can play the resulting stream with
> -demuxer mpeg4es

Thanks! It's doing something! It gives me the correct size, but the image is
garbage, altough very colorfull ;-) I am assuming this is an encoder problem
though.

Can you do the same with H.263 data? (not H2.64) As there is no Config
String in the SDP, how can I pass these parameters to mplayer? And I cannot
find a demuxer for H.263 in when doing -demuxer help.

Thanks a lot!

/D