[MPlayer-users] slave mode: stop playback w/o quitting

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Thu Apr 24 12:31:54 CEST 2008

Is there a way to stop playback of a file in slave + idle + fifo mode?
What I'd like to do is keep the process still running and waiting for
further commands.

 From what I've seen, there are two ways to do this right now.  One is
to let the file end playback, and the other is to just simply run
'loadfile' on non-existent file.

It seems to me it'd be simpler to add a 'stop' option to slave mode,
that stops playback but doesn't quit.  Is that an option?  Or any other
way to do it?

Steve