[MPlayer-users] Known incompatibilies with mplayer and 2.6.25 ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 26 03:26:31 CEST 2008

giggz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new on this list. I'm have a laptop with Debian Sid. I'm using
> mplayer offcial debian package. But I compile my kernel, so I don't use
> the debian kernel.
>
> Since the 2.6.25 mplayer randomly crashes when I try to play a video.
> The tested videos are various : avi,mpeg,mkv...and with my old kernel
> (2.6.24.4) I don't have any crash.
> So when I try to play a video, mplayer crashes with this error :
> MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM
>
> are there known incompatibilities with mplayer and 2.6.25 ?

None known that I am aware of, but it is always advised to compile your
own copy of MPlayer from the latest development sources (or as close to
that as you can get to compile) - or, at minimum, from the sources for
the most recent official release, though that will no longer get much
support around here.

Also: you will notice that, when MPlayer crashes, it prints out
instructions on reporting the crash bug. Please read and follow those
instructions.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer