[MPlayer-users] Blocky Playing of Video

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Wed Apr 30 00:33:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, April 29, 2008 12:56, Michael Dilger wrote:
> Craig Whitmore wrote:
>> A big problem with playing New Zealand DVB-T sourced video is mplayer
causes a lot of blocky artifacts video whilst playing. This is quite
evident on most of the interlaced broadcasts and maybe someone can help
fix the problem. They look like they are coming from the frames before
as maybe a problem with the interlaced format they are in.

>> I have uploaded 2 files into incoming which show the problem:
>>
>> h264-blocky-1.ts (play with -nosound as AAC-LATM is broken in faad2)
h264-blocky-2.ts

> If we're voting, I second that.

This is a know issue with PAFF interlaced H.264 and spatial direct.

It might be worth including the ffmpeg mailing list with this issue.

Steve

------
Steven Ellis - IT Consultant, Auckland, New Zealand
mail_lists at stevencherie.net