[MPlayer-users] Mplayer slow acting

Larry Wyble llwyble at suddenlink.net
Fri Aug 1 03:33:00 CEST 2008

I'm having a problem with Mplayer and the tv card.
Everything plays fine but it loads really slow on startup and when I
try to change channels that is very slow also. If I try to change
through several channels at a time it will hang up for up to a minute
before it gets through the channels.  I had it working very well on a
much slower computer but on my newer computer it is really slow
acting. Here's the specifics:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7600 GS]
Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder
Linux version 2.6.21.5-smp
MemTotal:      2069424 kB

Any help appreciated

Thanks