[MPlayer-users] Problems with pausing_keep

Robert Cummings robert at interjinn.com
Fri Aug 1 21:23:08 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I searched the web and couldn't find the answer I want so I signed up to
this list. I've created a wrapper around mplayer in slave mode and I'm
probing mplayer for the current position once per second. The problem is
everytime I use the get_time_pos command the player unpauses if it was
paused. I found the solution was to prefix pausing_keep before the
command. This sort of works... except the player sneaks forward a single
frame now on every probe... which isn't really pausing. Short of hacking
the C code myself (which I will do if I have to), is there a way around
this feature? On a side question -- if anyone happens to know -- what is
the rationale for unpausing in the first place? Couldn't there be a
command-line flag to throttle the feature completely?

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com