[MPlayer-users] Problems with new DVDnav.

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Aug 2 13:57:26 CEST 2008

On 2 Aug 2008, at 12:19, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:

> Stroller pisze:
>
>> Obviously I've done something stupid. I followed the instructions at
>> <http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt> yet get the
>> errors below.
>

> And that was your biggest error.
> You should follow how-to from your SVN MPlayer source
> "DOCS/tech/dvdnav-hoto.txt"

Uh, but that says the SAME thing.

I merely provided that link for ease of reference. Would you prefer
it from SVN?
http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt?
view=markup

Stroller.

912 ~ $ cd Sources/mplayer
913 ~/Sources/mplayer $ svn info
Repository Root: svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer
Repository UUID: b3059339-0415-0410-9bf9-f77b7e298cf2
Revision: 27393
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: diego
Last Changed Rev: 27393
Last Changed Date: 2008-08-02 00:15:36 +0100 (Sat, 02 Aug 2008)

914 ~/Sources/mplayer $ cat "DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt"
How to compile MPlayer with support for dvdnav:

Since the versions of dvdnav and dvdread generally shipped with most
Linux
distributions are outdated and unmaintained remove any traces of
dvdnav and
dvdread from your computer (something like the command below should
suffice):
$ rm -rf /usr/lib/libdvdnav* /usr/lib/libdvdread* /usr/include/dvdnav* \
          /usr/include/dvdread* /usr/local/lib/libdvdnav* \
          /usr/local/lib/libdvdread* /usr/local/include/dvdnav* \
          /usr/local/include/dvdread* /usr/bin/dvdnav-config \
          /usr/local/bin/dvdnav-config

Now download dvdnav from MPHQ libdvdread and libdvdnav (in this order) :
$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread libdvdread
$ cd libdvdread
$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
(or, if you feel brave and want to help us improve the new build system)
$ ./configure2 && make
install it as root with
$ make install

$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav
$ cd libdvdnav
$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
(or, if you feel brave and want to help us improve the new build system)
$ ./configure2 && make
install it as root with
$ make install

 From within the MPlayer source tree run
$ ./configure --disable-dvdread-internal
followed by your preferred parameters.
Be warned that you *MUST* disable MPlayer's internal copy of dvdread
or something
- most likely - won't work as expected (if at all).
After configure is run it should say that support for dvdnav and
dvdread was
enabled. If not, investigate the dvdnav and dvdread sections in
configure.log
and try to understand what went wrong. If you can't solve the problem
yourself
post the two sections to mplayer-users.

Notice: Audio and subtitle language selection by means of menus
doesn't work yet.
Nonetheless they can be switched as usual at any time during
playback by pressing '#' and 'j' (or the keys you chose to override
those two
bindings).
915 ~/Sources/mplayer $