[MPlayer-users] ASS move jerks

Damien Thébault damien.thebault at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:58:41 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 02:59, ajaxas <ajaxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:29:38 +0200
> "Damien Thébault" <damien.thebault at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using mplayer to view .ass subtitles, and I'm noticing that it
>> seems to be a problem with moves.
>> The text movement is not really fluid, it's not visible most of the
>> time, but sometimes it's really obvious.
>>
>> For example, with the joined file, the text is not moving fluidly, it
>> makes "jerks".
>> I mean, it stays at some place, then jumps, then stays again, and so on.
>
> Nothing like that here. Please, tell us your mplayer build version, submit a font
> you use and an *.ass file that demonstrates the effects you described.
>
> Also, mplayer -v output would be useful.

Currently I'm using the version provided in gentoo, it's a svn
snapshot named "media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p27120", but I tried with
other versions too (from p24929-r4, including 26753, the version I had
when I noticed this).

Here are a small subtitle file, the used font it DejaVuSerif.ttf
(can't attach it because it's too big, but it's available at
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download )

And the output of the command following command:
 % HOME=/none /usr/bin/mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=0.0 -v -ass -sub
move.ass file.avi
--
Damien Thebault