[MPlayer-users] av sync

cipher cipher at megamail.pt
Tue Aug 5 17:46:49 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am using mencoder to capture from a pinnacle tv card/tuner with the
following line:

mencoder -ffourcc XVID -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mv0:trell:v4mv:vbitrate=3000:ildct:aspect=16/9:acodec=mp2 -tv
driver=v4l2:norm=pal:input=0:adevice=/dev/dsp:width=720:height=480 -o test.avi
tv://e7

The capture seems ok utnil I play it with mplayer:

mplayer test.avi

Sound and image are all there except that they aren't synced. It is widely
visible that there is a delay audio between video.

Everything seems ok if I play it with:

mplayer -mc 0.000003/1 test.avi

Is there a way to capture without having to apply the -mc switch or is there a
way to correct it after maybe with mencoder?

MPlayer version is 1.0rc2 in a slackware linux 12.1 box and a 2.6.25.10 kernel.

Thanks in advance,

---

---