[MPlayer-users] Inconsistent behavior with PNG support during configure/make

Joseph Schmoley jacomoman at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:20:06 CEST 2008

Thanks very much for quick reply.  Ok, I apologize, my understanding of the
mplayer configure "--enable" option was incorrect.  I thought configure
would check dependencies for an explicite --enable flag and break/stop if it
didn't find them, which is the case with all other configure scripts I've
used.  But no matter, if I remove --enable-png it compiles fine, without PNG
support of course.

When I check my environment for libpng, yum reports that it's already
installed:

# yum install libpng
 * epel: fedora.mirror.facebook.com
 * freshrpms: ayo.uk3.freshrpms.net
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
 * base: linux.mirrors.es.net
 * updates: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
 * addons: linux.mirrors.es.net
 * extras: www.ossmirror.com
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package libpng - 2:1.2.10-7.1.el5_0.1.i386 is already installed.
Nothing to do

Is there something else required before configure auto-detects proper PNG
pre-requisites?

Thank you again for your replies, and a great kudos on an excellent piece of
software.

-Jac