[MPlayer-users] Inconsistent behavior with PNG support during configure/make

Joseph Schmoley jacomoman at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:58:12 CEST 2008

From: "The Wanderer" <inverseparadox at comcast.net>

> This package probably just contains the library files. You also need the
> header files, which are usually in a separate package.

Aha, ok, that explains it.  Yes, I believe someone else also mentioned
something about a libpng-devel pkg I need.  I'll look for that and install
it if I need PNG support in mplayer.

> Also, please do not top-post on these lists (or, if at all possible,
> anywhere else either).

Sorry about the "top-post".  These come to me as emails so when I hit reply,
my email client by default places original msg at bottom and reply area on
top.  I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Thank you again for all your help.

-Jac