[MPlayer-users] svn checkout for a given revision - external objects

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Thu Aug 7 18:11:45 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 06:21:47AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Roberto Malinverni wrote:
>
> > I need to checkout a particular svn revision of MPlayer - I know how
> > to do it, but I realized that the external objects that are fetched
> > and put into the MPlayer tree are always update at their newest
> > versions. It is possible when "svn co -r xxxxx" MPlayer to checkout
> > the external objects revisions that were current when the MPlayer
> > revision was at xxxxx?
>
> Not automatically, no; this is a limitation of Subversion. The only way
> I know of is to find out the date of the MPlayer revision you need, then
> find out what revision of the external tree corresponds to that date,
> then update the external tree to that date by hand.

yep.  the steps I use myself are:

; fetch the rev I want without including the externals
svn checkout -r "$REV" --ignore-externals \
	svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk

; grab the date of that rev from the svn info output
DATE=`svn info trunk|sed -n '/^Last Changed Date/s/.*: \(.*\) (.*/\1/p'`

; fetch the externals using that date
svn checkout -r "{$DATE}" \
        svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavutil \
        svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat \
        svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec \
        svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libpostproc

if you don't care as much about any specific revision than a particular
date, just pass the same date to both checkouts and you should get what
you want.