[MPlayer-users] Switches for playing interlaced h264 ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Thu Aug 21 00:34:34 CEST 2008

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 20/08/2008 alle 10.42 +0200, Håkon Alstadheim ha scritto:
>
>> Reimar Doeffinger wrote:

>>> Seems you didn't try -demuxer lavf ?
>>>

>> Ah, right. That gievs me a usable picture, but no sound. Sound is in an
>> extra pid in my channels.conf, like so:
>>

>> NRK1:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:512+259:640:1009
>>

>> The default demuxer finds that, no problem, see output below. How do I
>> convince mplayer to find the AAC sound while using -demuxer lavf ?
>>

> you have to convince mplayer to use the internal faad with its LATM
> reader

Unless I am misunderstanding something, that is not possible while using
-demuxer lavf ?

I need -demuxer lavf to get a sensible picture from an unpatched
mplayer. -identify seems to tell me that no audio streams are found. I
did try the ffmpeg-latm.patch
<http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1>
found at <http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/?page_id=8>. This lets mplayer
find the audio stream with the lavf demuxer. -identify tells me

LAVF: Program 102
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1

But, later on it says ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=0, and gives no sound. Trying -ac
+faad makes the picture all dark blue, and tells me my system is too
slow while playing the sound, or else it gives the same problem with no
sound and OK picture. I guess I'll stick with my first set of patches.
If anybody has anything they'd like me to test, I'm happy to oblige :-).

Here is some output from a working session of my original patched mplayer:

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 20/08/2008 alle 10.42 +0200, Håkon Alstadheim ha scritto:
>
>> Reimar Doeffinger wrote:

>>> Seems you didn't try -demuxer lavf ?
>>>

>> Ah, right. That gievs me a usable picture, but no sound. Sound is in an
>> extra pid in my channels.conf, like so:
>>

>> NRK1:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:512+259:640:1009
>>

>> The default demuxer finds that, no problem, see output below. How do I
>> convince mplayer to find the AAC sound while using -demuxer lavf ?
>>

> you have to convince mplayer to use the internal faad with its LATM
> reader

Unless I am misunderstanding something, that is not possible while using
-demuxer lavf ?

I need -demuxer lavf to get a sensible picture from an unpatched
mplayer. -identify seems to tell me that no audio streams are found. I
did try the ffmpeg-latm.patch
<http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1>
found at <http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/?page_id=8>. This lets mplayer
find the audio stream with the lavf demuxer. -identify tells me

LAVF: Program 102
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1

But, later on it says ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=0, and gives no sound. Trying -ac
+faad makes the picture all dark blue, and tells me my system is too
slow while playing the sound, or else it gives the same problem with no
sound and OK picture. I guess I'll stick with my first set of patches.
If anybody has anything they'd like me to test, I'm happy to oblige :-).

Here is output from a working session of my original patched mplayer:

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 20/08/2008 alle 10.42 +0200, Håkon Alstadheim ha scritto:
>
>> Reimar Doeffinger wrote:

>>> Seems you didn't try -demuxer lavf ?
>>>

>> Ah, right. That gievs me a usable picture, but no sound. Sound is in an
>> extra pid in my channels.conf, like so:
>>

>> NRK1:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:512+259:640:1009
>>

>> The default demuxer finds that, no problem, see output below. How do I
>> convince mplayer to find the AAC sound while using -demuxer lavf ?
>>

> you have to convince mplayer to use the internal faad with its LATM
> reader

Unless I am misunderstanding something, that is not possible while using
-demuxer lavf ?

I need -demuxer lavf to get a sensible picture from an unpatched
mplayer. -identify seems to tell me that no audio streams are found. I
did try the ffmpeg-latm.patch
<http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1>
found at <http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/?page_id=8>. This lets mplayer
find the audio stream with the lavf demuxer. -identify tells me

LAVF: Program 102
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1

But, later on it says ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=0, and gives no sound. Trying -ac
+faad makes the picture all dark blue, and tells me my system is too
slow while playing the sound, or else it gives the same problem with no
sound and OK picture.

I guess I'll stick with my first set of patches. If anybody has anything
they'd like me to test, I'm happy to oblige :-).

Here is output from a working session of my original patched mplayer
with libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c patched to handle the framerate correctly:

ID_VIDEO_ID=525
VIDEO H264(pid=525) AUDIO AAC(pid=692) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 102
ID_VIDEO_ID=525
ID_AUDIO_ID=692
FPS seems to be: 25.000000
ID_FILENAME=dvb://NRK2
ID_DEMUXER=mpegts
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000005
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=0
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=0
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=MP4A
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=0.00
ID_SEEKABLE=0
Opening video filter: [pp=fd/fa]
Opening video filter: [crop w=550 h=576]
Crop: 550 x 576, -1 ; -1
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffh264
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)

Unsupported LATM configuration: 15 programs/ 58 subframes, 8 layers,
allstreams: 1
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio)
decoder)
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
Starting playback...