[MPlayer-users] FW: MPlayer won't run anything!?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Aug 21 19:47:08 CEST 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>> Thanks - read that - still not quite sure where to look to solve my problem.
>> Should I remove and reinstall or?
>
> That document was not meant to solve your problem. It was meant to make you
> learn how to ask a question properly. You still haven't.
>
> Regards,
> R.

What the kind folks here have been trying to say is "Mplayer doesn't
work" is far to vague to even begin helping you, and no one here is
inclined to play 20 questions.. (Except me, I'm feeling an unusual
amount of pity today.)

How are you invoking Mplayer? (command line, gui? browser plug-in?)

What is the output when you try to use mplayer from the command line?

How was Mplayer even installed?  Did you use the Ubuntu repos (in which
case, for such a basic question, you might get more help from the ubuntu
forums/list.