[MPlayer-users] Mencoder with Debian

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 22:54:45 CEST 2008

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Hi to all Mplayer users.
>
> I use the official Debian Stable `mplayer' package.  It's surely a
> bit old but works great in my experience.  Now I want to use mencoder
> but the command is `not found' by the system, neither it seems to
> exist any package with that name.  How can I install `mencoder' in my
> Debian Etch box?

Check out the source from SVN and compile it. This is also the
recommended way of installing MPlayer.

> And why is it not there as part of Mplayer?

Because the people who put together that package did not include it. We
are not those people, and TTBOMM they are not here, so we do not know.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.