[MPlayer-users] Window background issue when mplayer starts in X

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Aug 30 10:58:11 CEST 2008

Hiya all!

I've read the fine manuals 8000 lines time and again but coundn't find an
answer to a question I have.

Firefox does start mplayer nicely via mozplugger. All is fine with that,
and configuration is like sugar.

At the time mplayer is started, the window it is about to use flashes up
for a short period of time (about 0.5 sec.) in grey before the video
playback starts.

My question is: Who (well... which program) is it that paints the window
in grey? If I knew that, I might persuade it to maybe use another color
which blends better with the overall design of the page.

Neither the color nor the time it is visible changes when using -vo xv or
-vo x11.

If anyone can give me a hint, I would be very grateful :)

Greets,

Kiste