[MPlayer-users] Compilation on win32 works, only with -nosound (liba52 is crashing MPlayer)

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 19:47:29 CEST 2008

I've followed instructions from multiple places, including:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/win32/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
I'm building from the 1.0rc2 tag, and applied a very minute change to the
code in dvd_stream.c that someone checked in last night for me (to print DVD
Title information)

The only lib that I did not use is for the live555 streaming stuff, which I
don't think should be an issue.

I can build my mplayer.exe just fine, and it can play normal movie files
(such as avi) with sound, but when playing a dvd it crashes.  Using -nosound
works, and the dvd is able to play.  Here is the full output:

http://pastebin.com/m183db3d8

Any ideas on why the dvd audio lib is crashing my mplayer?

--
Alexander Sherwin
alex.sherwin at gmail.com