[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Some videos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Sun Aug 31 17:12:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Some videos play in ultra-slow-motion?
  Date & Time: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 07:51:43 -0700

[Terry] == "Terry Linford" <trrlnfrd323 at gmail.com> has written:

Terry> For example, @ the Apple trailer site, viewing non-HD trailers for,

Terry>   (1) http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/
Terry>   (2) http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/humboldtcounty/

Terry> On OSX, with Safari, both trailers play correctly -- both audio & video.

Terry> On MPlayer/Linux, the TerminatorSalvation/(1) trailer plays OK.

It's same for me.

Terry> But the HumboldtCounty/(2) plays audio fine, but video plays as if its
Terry> in ultra slow motion, and completely out-of-sync with audio.  Its also
Terry> really difficult to interrupt the playback ... I have to click on
Terry> 'stop' a bunch of times to cancel.

Yes, MPlayer works fine for me.

Terry> Is this problem because of MPlayer settings?  I'm a little confused,
Terry> because it works on one, but not the other.

Which revision of MPlayer are you using?

Mine is;

MPlayer dev-SVN-r27504-4.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2224 SE (Family: 15, Model: 65,
Stepping: 3)

on OpenSUSE 11.0.

Regards,

---