[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Some videos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 31 18:57:59 CEST 2008

"Terry Linford" <trrlnfrd323 at gmail.com> writes:

> 1st a Linux user is told over and over to rely on the mainstream
> distros.  Then, when we do, we're told to upgrade to a
> trusted/reliable packager's "improved" versions. Finally, we're told
> to build everything ourselves, and that anything OTHER than the
> latest-n-greatest-do-it-yourself version is 'unlikely to get support'.
>
> If I ran my business this way, nobody would ever use my products.

Bug reports and support questions should first go to the distro you are
using. The big problem for us is with multimedia programs, since most
distros can't include a fully functional version due to legal issues.

        http://en.opensuse.org/Restricted_Formats

Your MAC can include all the multimedia program that it wants since it
is a commercial product and you have paid the licensing fees as part of
your purcahse.

Charles