[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Somevideos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Aug 31 21:24:08 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:24:54AM -0700, Terry Linford wrote:
> A quote from one of the reivews references @ the MPlayer site says it best --
>
> "What should the Linux movie player of your dreams do? It should play
> any movie/video that you throw at it. No questions asked—just play.'
>
> I agree.  And, I'll choose simply to not use this product as a result,
> and don't expect for one single moment that any of these
> build-it-yourself-ers care about my decision or experience.

I am sorry but I think your expectations are way unreasonable, esp.
since some have made comparisons with proprietary companies - so far the
most usable response I have ever gotten from any of those was in
response to an NVidia CUDA but report, and that was basically "it will
be fixed in the next release. And no, we do not know when that will be".
This case basically has this very same answer, but everyone considered
that a rather useless reply and instead told you to use SVN.
And btw. for rc2 you likely will be able to work around this problem with
"-demuxer lavf -correct-pts", though I did not test it (and you will
lose support for mov subtitles with these options).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger