[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Slave Mode: STOP command not working

Giordano Deregibus giordano.deregibus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:03:03 CET 2008

Hello Everybody,

I am giving a look at the MPlayer Slave Mode, because I would like to use
MPlayer in an embedded Java Program, but something is not working as
expected.

Currently I am stuck on this test (executed directly from the Console, on a
Kubuntu distribution):
MPlayer Version: 1.0rc2-4.1.3 (C)

>>> mplayer -slave -quiet -idle
//This start the mplayer in slave mode, and wait for command from the
console

>>> loadfile foobar.mp3
//this load the file "foobar.mp3" and starts playing

>>> pause
// this pause the file

>>> pause
// this resume the play

>>> *stop*
// EXPECTED: stop the track. I expect the track to be stopped, and if
resumed, starting the playback from the beginning
//* CURRENT: the command has no effect

*So basically it seems that the command "stop" is not working. Could you
please let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Giordano