[MPlayer-users] Unable to resize the video screen

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Dec 10 12:08:20 CET 2008

On Wednesday, 10 December 2008 at 03:02, JD wrote:
> cbreak wrote:
> > On 09.12.2008, at 22:01, JD wrote:
> >

> >> I built mplayer from export snapshot source.
> >>
> >> For some reason, I am not able to resize the video.
> >> What info should I provide in order for a developer to
> >> tel me what I need to do to fix this?
> >>

> > Do you use -vo x11? (The VO should be written in the terminal output
> > of mplayer). If so, try using -vo xv or add -zoom.
> >
> I do  not have the xv driver, so I cannot use it.
> Does this mean that the x11 driver does not support resizing?

Not on its own. As cbreak wrote, you need to enable software scaling
usin -zoom to achieve that with -vo x11.

> Where can I get these other drivers from:
>         xv      X11/Xv
>         gl      X11 (OpenGL)
>         gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
>         xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
>
> I already have sdl driver lib and it seems to support resizing.

If you had paid attention to MPlayer's configure script output,
you'd have noticed that it didn't detect the presence of the necessary
development libraries and headers. You can also check that by inspecting
the configure.log file. Install the missing lib*-devel packages and
re-run configure and make.

Regards,
R.

PS. Please stop top-replying.