[MPlayer-users] sub_load problem in slave mode

Samuel Félix sfelixjr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:16:40 CET 2008

First of all, thank you =D

>mplayer may not be able to do shell expansion internally.  try specifing
>the filename as /home/YOU/mysubtitle.srt

Ok, I was doing that... but in this message, I've changed the whole path
(/home/user/videos/subtitles/ ... ) to ~/mysubtitle.srt because it was long
=D
But I've specified the whole path to mplayer...
Anyway... Do u know how can I open it during the mplayer execution?
I'd not like to re-open it every time I have to change the subtitle... is
that possible?
The sub_load command is supposed to do that? or... there is any other
command for that?

I was reading this doc (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt) and I
just found the sub_load command to do it
thx

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 05:36:52PM -0300, Samuel F?lix wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm trying to load a subtitle in slave mode using this:
> >
> > ------------------
> > sub_load ~/mysubtitle.srt
> > ------------------
>
> mplayer may not be able to do shell expansion internally.  try specifing
> the filename as /home/YOU/mysubtitle.srt
>
> > Mplayer says:

> > SUB: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
> > SUB: Read 196 subtitles.
> > SUB: Adjusted 6 subtitle(s).
> > SUB: Added subtitle file (1): ~/mysubtitle.srt

Samuel Félix
Computer Science Senior at UFPa
Interaction and Collaboration Research Lab