[MPlayer-users] Non working LATM over LOAS AAC decoding for RiksTV DVB-T

Frederik M.J.V. frederikwebkommail at iskrembilen.com
Wed Dec 17 21:10:54 CET 2008

I have set up a DVB-T reciever in Norway recieving the special HE-AAC/H264
format used by us and New-Zeeland. However i can't get any sound, even with
mplayer-svn compiled with the internal faad.

Mplayer does not work at all unless i use the lavf demuxer. It tries to use
libmad and fails with "Cannot sync MAD frame", and then" Cannot find codec for
audio format 0x50". Forcing faad/faac does not help
either.

I tried to play some of the samples used to fix the problem earlier and they
worked properly. I have looked in the zap-file and the pids were set correcly.
The picture works well.

I have uploaded a short clip at
http://2.likbilen.com/upl/nonworkingrikstvclip.ts to test with, and would be
happy if anybody who knows ts and how the audio stream is embedded could look
at it.

--
Frederik M.J. Vestre