[MPlayer-users] how to scale and position playback of a video file on Mac OS X and Windows, in fullscreen mode?

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 03:07:05 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to determine whether mplayer can play back video files at arbitrary locations on a blank screen (i.e. fullscreen mode) (on Mac OS X right now but I also would like to do this on Windows). I've tried options like

-x 100 -y 100 -fs
-geometry:100x100+10+10 -fs

but so far have only managed to scale the video horizontally OR vertically, not at the same time, and have not managed to place it in an arbitrary location on screen.

Is it possible to do this with mplayer on Mac OS X and windows? I know that I can move the window around, and resize it, when using the GUI app, so I figure it must be possible.

Apologies for the potentially dumb question, I have read at least some of the man page! Any tips on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rua HM.

      Get the world's best email - http://nz.mail.yahoo.com/