[MPlayer-users] dvdnav, dvdread svn and lsdvd

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Mon Dec 22 09:45:15 CET 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 07:23:26 Till M wrote:
> If I compile mplayer svn with svn dvdnav and dvdread support.  Do I
> need to compile lsdvd from source to make it work with these
> libraries. Because the version from my distro's repo (Debian lenny)
> wants to install the other versions.
>
> How can I get around this?
> I use lsdvd a lot.

as you have already done: compile it from source.
If debian is not up tp date it's debian business
(I'm not surprised that they keep on distributing very old stuff:
they do the same with dvbtools, another of the projects I work on;
moreover I really don't understand how debian could get a respectful
reputation over the course of the years, with all the mess they
made... ).