[MPlayer-users] Config file settings for alternative menu files

Till M tillm at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 22 16:45:36 CET 2008

I'm trying to set up my config using -profiles.
I can't seem to make this option work:  menu-cfg = "movie-menu.conf"
I have a custom menu file in my .mplayer directory named as above but I
get this error.

[MENU] Can't open menu config file: /home/till/.mplayer/menu.conf
[MENU] Can't open menu config file: /etc/mplayer/menu.conf
Menu init failed.

I'm calling mplayer like so: mplayer -profile movies fl.avi

This is what my movie section looks like in .mplayer/config

[movies]
profile-desc = "profile for local Movies"
input:conf   = "movie-input.conf"
menu-cfg     = "movie-menu.conf" # Buggy cfg Option: Command line only?
cache        = "8192"
cache-min    = "4"
#ontop       = "yes"
#fs          = "yes"
menu         = "yes"

I've tried specifying the full path but that made no difference.
If I call mplayer with my alternative menu file from the command line it
works great:
mplayer -profile movies -menu-cfg $HOME/.mplayer/movie-menu.conf fl.avi

Am I missing something?
I'm running the latest svn self compiled.

--
Best xmass regards to all

Till