[MPlayer-users] missing audio on Wall-E Blu-Ray

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Dec 29 17:47:32 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to use mplayer to play a decrypted stream from a BluRay disc
(Wall-E) and the video will play fine if I use -demuxer lavf and the
audio also sounds fine, but I can't seem to get it to play the main
audio track.  On startup, mplayer prints:

Playing 20000.m2ts.
libavformat file format detected.
[h264 @ 0x87a0f90]brainfart cropping not supported, this could look
slightly wrong ...
[h264 @ 0x87a0f90]brainfart cropping not supported, this could look
slightly wrong ...
LAVF: Program 1
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 2
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 3
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 4
VIDEO:  [H264]  1920x1080  0bpp  23.976 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

Using -ac 1 and -ac 2 I can switch between two different commentary
tracks, but no other -ac number produces any audio.

I read on the MythTV wiki that missing audio tracks is a known issue
with some discs, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do or
any recent advances with this problem.

I'm currently using Debian unstable mplayer packages (dev-SVN-r26940)
which dates back to July.  I've tried building a new version from the
current svn sources, but when I run it on this file I just get a
segmentation fault.

Thanks for any advice,

Eric Sharkey