[MPlayer-users] missing audio on Wall-E Blu-Ray

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Dec 30 01:21:32 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 11:49 -0500, Joshua Shriver wrote:
> Try mplayer -aid 128

Thanks for the quick response, but it didn't help.

In my original message where I wrote -ac, I meant to write -aid.  As
shown in the output above, mplayer detects only two audio streams, and
-aid 1 and -aid 2 select between them.  -aid 128, -aid 129, and -aid 130
produce no sound at all.  I did some googling for mplayer and "-aid 128"
and everything I found seemed to be talking about DVDs, not BluRay.

The example lines from here:

  http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Bluray

seem to use low numbered aid values as arguments to mplayer.

It also says "Mplayer demuxing of EVO and m2ts files is imperfect,
sometimes leading to missing audio tracks. For example, on a rip of
"Crank" Blu-Ray, only the "family friendly" audio track is currently
visible/playable. This appears to be related to the Blu-ray format
muxing multiple audio streams into a single PID.", but I don't even know
what a PID is or if this information (written in January 2008) is still
current.

Eric