[MPlayer-users] Calling from execl() in slave mode

Javier Castle II forlorn_beast at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:42:33 CET 2008

Hello everyone, don't now if I just don't have enough experience or am missing something trivial here. I am trying to call mplayer from a program in C and I am using the code execlp("mplayer","-slave",NULL); to call mplayer in the slave mode. It  exits showing command list with no file to play. I thought that it would stay open waiting command. It does play when I pass a file to play. But when the file is done, it also exits. Am I passing the parameter incorrectly? or is it something else? Any insight or links to more documentation would be helpful. Thanks.
-forlorn