[MPlayer-users] IVTV and Closed Caption

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Mon Feb 4 02:27:41 CET 2008

I'm trying to find a way to see the closed captions in the TV shows I
record.  I've read all the Mplayer documentation and searched the web,
but information on this is spotty.

IVTV devices are capable of embedding CC data in the MPEG streams they
produce, in some format.  Is Mplayer capable of using that?

Does the -subcc option have anything to do with this?  The manual says it's
for CC in DVD files, but various postings on the web imply it's for more
than that.

Finally, do the mplayer -verbose messages say anything about subtitles?

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California