[MPlayer-users] playing to video streams

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 10 13:43:44 CET 2008

Hello,
On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 01:10:56PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le duodi 22 pluviôse, an CCXVI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > Sure it can, it just would be two processes (aka just start it twice).
>
> Provided the video output driver allows this. With Xv for example, it is
> quite common that the video card can only handle one overlay at once.
>
> With my old Radeon, it just would not open a second window. Last time I
> tried with my 965G, it froze the X11 server.

Well, but if it's one process or two does not make any difference at all
there (note that the original request favour two independent windows).
Also a card which has emulated xv ports is in the < 30 Euro price
range (I do not know for sure for which cards exactly the opensource
drivers support those, but I am fairly sure they are supported in
principle)...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger