[MPlayer-users] Dump DTS stream of DVD failed while playable

SBBG sbbgnew at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:02:13 CET 2008

Hello, everyone
   I'm trying to rip a DTS stream from a DVD with mplayer with dumpaudio flag.
But it failed with something like:

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8268727 bytes).

  However, if I tried to dump the AC3 stream along with it. It's working well.
And if I asked to simply play the MPEG-PS with DTS stream, it works too.
As well as dumping another DTS stream from the DVD of the same serires.

  One of the possible problem I guess is probably the DTS stream doesn't start
with MPEG-PS stream sync.ly. It start after the head of video stream about 10
sec.
  Could this cause such a problem? If so, is there anyway to ask mplayer
to "scan" further to the head of DTS stream to make it complete?

                                                         Thanks in advance.