[MPlayer-users] mplayer.desktop has incorrect "Exec" line?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Feb 24 19:31:48 CET 2008

On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 19:09, Alejandro Jarovisky wrote:
> Hi.
>
> After a default GNOME (version 2.20.3) and mplayer installation, I get
> the following error when double-clicking a video file:
> "Failed to open file:///home/nuwanda/video.avi"
>
> The problem is solved if I change the following line in mplayer.desktop:
> Exec=gmplayer %U
> Exec=gmplayer

Or gmplayer %F, I believe. According to
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html
Code	Description
%F	A list of files. Use for apps that can open several local files at
        once. Each file is passed as a separate argument to the executable
        program.

Regards,
R.

--