[MPlayer-users] Some issues in FLV encoding

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:13:55 CET 2008

Alexander Bokovikov wrote:
> John Brown wrote:
>
>> Perhaps, but there is no way to know without posting your command line.
>
> mencoder infile.mov -o outfile.flv -ofps 15 -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> abr:br=64 -srate 22050 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=flv:keyint=15:vbitrate=256:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3

It works for me. Which version are you using? I use svn 26094.

> I tried to remove all video codec options but br:256 with no luck -- result
> was just the same -- video is going faster than audio.

> [snip]

>>> Also I don't know if it is
>>> possible to add MP3 track into FLV, using MEncoder.
>> mencoder -oac copy -audiofile test.mp3
>
> I'm afraid I haven't understood it. Where is the source video here? I had in
> mind to embed an MP3 audiotrack into FLV file, already containing a
> videotrack. Is there any command line for that?

Create a new FLV file from the original silent FLV and the MP3:
mencoder -of lavf -o noisy.flv -oac copy -audiofile soundtrack.mp3 -ovc copy
silent.flv

>> Why do you say that the frame rate is detected incorrectly? If you play
>> the source
>> file in MPlayer, doesn't it play correctly? Anyway, you can try -fps
>> to force it.
>
> The source movie is running OK when I try to open it in MPLayer. It's a good
> sign. But I'm getting video being out of synch when I'm trying to convert it
> into FLV with simultaneous audio encoding. Perhaps my command line may be
> improved. Appreciate any advice!

You should follow the instructions in the MPlayer documentation for reporting problems:
command line, mencoder version, -v output, etc.