[MPlayer-users] problem playing compressed MJPEG video

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Tue Feb 26 16:31:05 CET 2008

Hi

RC wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:23:52 +0100
> Stefan Strobl <nst at gersys.de> wrote:
>
>> Is the mjpeg decoder supposed to handle different compression levels?
>
> Why wouldn't it be?

I know it doesn't make sense but it doesn't work with my AXIS camera :(

>> When configuring mplayer with "--disable-decoder=mjpeg" I can still
>> view the video. This configure option doesn't seem to be working
>
> MPlayer has 9 mjpeg codecs.  You are indeed disabling one of them.

Ok. But according to the console output mplayer uses the "ffmjpeg"
decoder. If I configure mplayer with "./configure --enable-debug=3
--disable-decoder=ffmjpeg" the decoder is still there and I can see the
video...

I've tried to force different codecs using "-vc" option but none apart
from ffmjpeg works. In most cases I get an error like this:

VIDEO:  [MJPG]  640x480  0bpp  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Forced video codec: ffmjpegb
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x47504A4D.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Can't restore text mode: Invalid argument

Is there anybody who managed to view a Motion-JPEG video from an AXIS
camera?

Best Regards,
Stefan