[MPlayer-users] Compile errors on OS X 10.5.2 with Xcode 3.0 and x264 or faac enabled

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 13:03:22 CET 2008

dandjo at gmx.at wrote:

> Not to forget the attachment, sorry... :)

(I have no idea how you managed to break quoting in such a massive way -
to the point of not only top-posting, and not only failing to add the
usual '>' at the beginning of each quoted line, but actually *removing*
the '>' marks which were present in my own reply - but I would like to
request that you not do it again. Usually I fix bad quoting by hand
before replying, but this is just too much to be worth it.)

> Hi again,
>
> first of all, thank you very much for your explanation.
>
> I did the steps you told me to (cut off the --enable flags). It
> compiled without any error, but... If i try to encode with "-ovc x264
> -x264encopts", MEncoder tells me, that "-x264encopts" is not an
> MEncoder option. As you can see in my configure.log (attached), x264
> was recognized correctly. On the other hand, if i try to encode
> "-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4" MEncoder tells me "FATAL: Cannot initialize
> video driver". Still something missing? Thanks a lot.

Without the full output of MEncoder, all I can do in either case is
guess. In the former case ('-x264encopts' not being recognized), my
first guess is that perhaps you now have two copies of MEncoder
installed on your system, and your new one (with x264 support) comes
later in your PATH and so is not being used automatically. What do
'whereis mencoder' and 'which mencoder' tell you?

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer