[MPlayer-users] Compile errors on OS X 10.5.2 with Xcode 3.0 and x264 or faac enabled

dandjo at gmx.at dandjo at gmx.at
Fri Feb 29 00:01:49 CET 2008

The Wanderer wrote:

> (I have fixed the quoting this time.)
>
> dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
>
> > The Wanderer wrote:

> >> (I have no idea how you managed to break quoting in such a massive
> >> way - to the point of not only top-posting, and not only failing to
> >> add the usual '>' at the beginning of each quoted line, but
> >> actually *removing* the '>' marks which were present in my own
> >> reply - but I would like to request that you not do it again.
> >> Usually I fix bad quoting by hand before replying, but this is just
> >> too much to be worth it.)
> >
> > The broken quoting is due to my stubborn web-based e-mail client.
> > Sorry for that.
>
> The lack of '>' on the quoted lines is better for this response, and
> there may not be a lot you can do about breaking threads short of
> changing your mail client (which I would strongly advise if you are
> going to be posting to these lists very much), but the fact that you are
> still top-posting is still bad - and that has nothing to do with your
> mail client.

In fact I didn't know what "top-posting" means. Now I know better. :) Unfortunately, English is not my native language, but let us drop this topic...

> >> Without the full output of MEncoder, all I can do in either case is
> >> guess. In the former case ('-x264encopts' not being recognized),
> >> my first guess is that perhaps you now have two copies of MEncoder
> >> installed on your system, and your new one (with x264 support)
> >> comes later in your PATH and so is not being used automatically.
> >> What do 'whereis mencoder' and 'which mencoder' tell you?
> >
> > Okay, you are right. "which mencoder" gave me
> > "/opt/local/bin/mencoder" which is the version from MacPorts. Do you
> > know how to point mencoder to "/usr/local/bin/mencoder"?
>
> Either remove the version which is installed in /opt/local/bin/
> (renaming it would also work), or change your PATH environment variable
> so that /usr/local/bin/ is listed before /opt/local/bin/. (How to do the
> latter depends on a number of things, including but not necessarily
> limited to what shell you are using, and is not especially ontopic for
> this list.)

Ok, already done and yeah, it works.
There's another problem: MPlayer doesn't show any OSD (even not with --enable-menu). I mean that stuff that normally appears when pression a cursor or the shortcut for the volume. Do I need an extra library for that? Thanks!